Monday, July 28, 2014

Ready, Set... Scraps

Running out of Skylark supplies? Good thing I saved my scraps. Most of us crafters safe our scraps. We're trained to remember that a piece of 4x4 cardstock could save the day in a month or a year. We can't waste it. The same goes for patterned paper; it is harder to find a use for a piece of bold patterned paper that is 2x3. It tends to sit around longer. 

Not this time! I decided I wanted to use my patterned paper scraps from my Skylark kit before they became faded by the sun or wrinkled sitting with the other scraps or forgotten. That's why I turned to my Cricut (follow my blog and get a free cutting file). I used my CTMH Artbooking cartridge to make a summertime themed card for my husband. 




Instead of using cardstock for the sunny sky, I used the scraps of this great geometric pattern. For the tree - I truly did use a 2x3 stash of the green chevron-style pattern. The bird from the Skylark kit was so perfect because it also had a geometric pattern to it, and fit perfectly into the style. The sentiment stamp is from the Skylark set, and I used Cocoa ink. This soft brown blends in so seamlessly. 


The shapes from these particular Cricut cuts were so unique, and the patterned paper from the Skylark kit only enhanced the design. Want to try it yourself. Follow my blog, and click on the link before. It's for Cricut Design Space. Everything is sized for you. 


https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/project/19057308 


Need Supplies, Just follow this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by My Heart - ScrapbookerPhD's site for all things related to CTMH. Please follow me for more tips and trick, and be sure to leave a message!