Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas Ornament

Can you believe it is time for Challenge #6 at Take Heart Ideas, and we have a fabulous prize waiting for the winner, so get out your CTMH products and start playing. Remember, Take Heart Ideas requires you use products from Close to My Heartand you can include CTMH Cricut cartridges as products if you would like. Like last time, anything goes. Need some new supplies, shop herehttp://scrapbookerphd.ctmh.com.

It is the day before Thanksgiving, and all of my cards and decorations are finished. So I took a moment out of my day to create a Christmas card. I went directly to my CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge for this gorgeous ornament. I welded a white base together to create the card, and I set it at 5 inches tall, so that I could fit it into a square envelope. Next, I cut a layer of silver and put the decorate layer of red on top. I inked the red with a little bit of White Daisy ink.



To further create the mood of Christmas winter, I added two leaves in shades of green with White Daisy ink on top for a snowy effect. On the inside of the card, I stayed a sentiment from the Snowhaven stamp set (D1625) and inked the edges with Ponderosa Pine ink. 


One tip that I use when I stamp sentiments is to emboss with clear powder. I do this to even out and and deepen the ink color. I like to use clear in case the powder sticks to the sides around the stamp. 

(Need supplies? Get them HERE)

Follow my blog for more CTMH inspiration. 

Challenges Entered
Crafting for all Seasons: Tis' the Season
Die Cuttin' Divas: Shaped Cards
Try it on Tuesday: Christmas is Coming



11 comments:

  1. Cute shaped card. I like the sentiment on the inside. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely idea for this card. Love the colours as well as the shape

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shaped Christmas card. Thanks for sharing with us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the layers. Thanks for sharing at Love to Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card! Such a lovely ornament!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Die Cuttin Divas!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful winter ornament. Thanks for joining our “Shaped Card” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •
    Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful shaped card- the 3D detail on the front is stunning! Thank you for sharing with us at H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your fabulous Christmas card with us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons this time.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, I love the card Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges.

    Brandi R.
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca
    H2H challenges DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by My Heart - ScrapbookerPhD's site for all things related to CTMH. Please follow me for more tips and trick, and be sure to leave a message!