Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Take Ideas Challenge 3

Can you believe it is time for Challenge 3 at Take Heart Ideas, and we have a fabulous prize waiting for the winner, so get out your CTMH products and start playing. Remember, Take Heart Ideas requires you use products from Close to My Heartand you can include CTMH Cricut cartridges as products if you would like. We are going Back to School for this one. The challenge starts today, August 27, and ends on September 21th.


“TakeHeartIdeas”

For this challenge, I used the new Chalk It Up kit with matching embellishments (X7184B) and the the stamp set LOL. Everyday Life (A1159). The paper made me think of decorating a locker, both inside and outside, or decorating a notebook... and then moving along to social media. I stamped in and around the background, which go with the theme and mix in really well. Then, I added one more element, the base of the card is folded so the card stands on its own, and "star student" is the focus. (Dimensions at the bottom)





I've been playing with this folded card technique since I learned it from Mary at Cardz TV. She has a fantastic video on her site. Here are the basic directions for this fold. 

Start with a base of 8 x 5 1/2.
Next, score at the 2 inch, 3, 5, and 6 inch.
Now, fold using a valley/mountain fold where you scored. 

Your base is complete!

Challenges Entered
Scrap Creations - Back To School
Creative Crew - Chalkboard
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Crafting When we Can - Oodles or Doodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by My Heart - ScrapbookerPhD's site for all things related to CTMH. Please follow me for more tips and trick, and be sure to leave a message!