Sunday, August 17, 2014

What, no stamp?

I know you are thinking I must be crazy, making a card using Close to My Heart products without using a stamp. Who does that?

CTMH papers and cardstock are the best to work with. Having coordinating cardstock at my fingertips is a joy. No more rummaging through the scrap box looking for just the right green. The patterns are so versatile. Even patterns that are meant for a certain theme have elements that can mix and match with other patterns. 

My main addiction to CTMH are the Cricut cartridges. It is a really serious addiction. I rarely make anything without my Cricut. 



So today, I was playing around with the papers from Ivy Lane (now discontinued), and I knew exactly what cuts on CTMH's Artiste cartridge to use to make this Girly card. Since I'm usually making masculine cards for my 5 nephews, this was a chance to make something nice for my niece. I let the patterns and matching cardstock do the work here. I took the bold pattern and used it as the dress so that the dress would pop off of the page on the soft pink. I used coordinating pink and purple to cut the accessories and the title. This is super easy to recreate with any patterns or colors that you have. (I happen to LOVE pink and green together, so this was the patten I wanted to use.)

Want the Cricut Design Space cut file? Simply follow my blog and leave a note in the comments. 

Need products, click HERE.

Challenges Entered
{PIN}spirational Challenges: Anything Goes
Die Cuttin Divas: Color Combination
Sister Act Card Challenge: Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge: Anything Goes 
Paula Holifield Crafts: Sew What? 



8 comments:

  1. Love this design & love the Ivy Lane paper!! Wish they wouldn't have retired it!! As a mother of 3 sons, I don't often get to make "girlie" cards, so would love to have this cut file on hand when the opportunity arises. I'm in Cara's downline also! My email is glendascreativeplace@outlook.com, but Google won't allow me to enter it to use for comments, so I have to comment using my gmail address that I haven't even opened for at least 3 years ago!! I did follow your blog with my correct Outlook address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your adorable card! I just joined CTMH in April, so I was flabbergasted when all the papers I had just fallen in love with were retired so soon after. Ivy Lane was one of my faves. But I'm also loving all the new patterns too, so it's all good. I prefer to use my yahoo account for email: adehart@bellsouth.net. Thanks so much. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a card. I look for different things to cut on the Cricut, especially for cards, and have never thought about using a dress. Love itl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card! Love the paper you used for the dress!!!!
    Thanks for joining Die Cuttin' Divas this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cute dress. Thanks for playing with DCD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative way to make a card. Very cute!

    Thank you for participating at {PIN}Spirational Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I love the image and beautiful detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in A Little Bit Craft Challenge this month.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by My Heart - ScrapbookerPhD's site for all things related to CTMH. Please follow me for more tips and trick, and be sure to leave a message!